Formed in 1988 ILLEGAL has been rocking the Michigan/Great Lakes area music scene on a consistant basis. Performing with high energy, the band caters to a wide demographic of ages and audiences. From classic rock, to rock radio favorites, to dance music for the ladies; there is something for everyone. The band has over 5 hours of cover music ranging from 1960’s oldies rock through modern day radio hits. The band also has 90 minutes of original composition off their multiple recorded releases. Over the years the band has won various awards and has been an opening act for over 54 National bands. ILLEGAL offers a consistent draw and has many repeat engagements. The band self-advertises through internet, media and several mailing lists. The band has been featured on television, newspaper and magazine articles too numerous to list. We take pride in what we do, and always go the extra mile for our customers. Illegals cover of Gordon Lightfoot’s “Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald” has been viewed over 612,000 times on YouTube video channel. The audio/video has received praise from relatives of the deceased crew’s families.
We have the following distinctions:
* 2014 Mid-Michigan Music Magazine “Best Live Band in Michigan”
* 2013 Detroit Entertainment Weekly “Best Live Act in Michigan”
* Winner 2011 Doug FM “Best band in Michigan Radio Contest”
* Winner 2010 Mid-Michigan Music “Best cover band in Michigan”
* Winner 2007 “Best local Hard Rock Act” Detroit Battle of the Bands Contest
* Winner 2005 “Best Live Band” Detroit Music Journal magazine
* Winner 2003 “Best Live Rock Band” Mid-Michigan Music Awards
* Nominated 2003 Detroit Entertainment “Best Band in Michigan”
* Nominated 2001 Metro Music Awards- “Best Live Act”
* Winner 2000-”Best Band in Detroit”-RUSTY NAIL Battle of the Bands
* Winner 1999 Michigan Music Awards “Best Live Rock Act” & “Best Live Vocalist”
* Nominated “Best Hard Rock Act” 1999 Metro Times Music Awards
* Nominated “Best Live Act” Entertainment Detroit Music Awards 1998
* Winner 1995 Los Angeles Music Awards "Best Promo-Pack/Demo Tape"
* Winner 1995 "Best Live Band", California’s Battle of the Bands - Windsor, Canada
* Appeared Live at the Michigan State Fair 1994 & 1995, 1997, 1998
* Nominated 1994/1995 Detroit Entertainment Live Awards "Best Live Stage Act, Best Local Recording"
* Nominated 1994 Metro-Detroit Music Awards "Best Metal Act"
* Featured on the Rust Belt Eruptions Double CD Compilation
(Featuring Illegal's "U.B.U./I'll Be Me")
* Featured on Foundations Forum 1994 CD Compilation (Featuring Illegal's "The Opponent") with such notable bands as Biohazard, Toad, Arcade, and Testament
* Featured on Cleveland Music Group CD Compilation "Hit 'Em Hard"
* Winner of "Best Live Stage Act 1993", Detroit Entertainment Live Awards
* Winner of "Best Live Bassist 1993", Detroit Entertainment Live Awards
* Winner of "Best Live Band 1st Place", Wayne County Fair 1993 Battle of the Bands
* Winner of "Best Live Band", 1993 Mid-Michigan Music Awards
* Winner of "Best Local Band, 1st Place", Skateland Battle of the Bands 1993
* Winner of "Best Local Recorded Talent", Leo Kempter Rock 'N' Rolla Newsletter Poll 1993
* Finalist, The Stoli Vodka/W.R.I.F. 101.1 FM "Rock to Russia" Contest 1993
Illegal has Great Selling Local Hard Rock Merchandise:
"In The Name of the Law", "The Opponent", and "Sign Them Now!, 2001"
collectively sold over 7,000 units (Compact Discs, Cassettes, and Cassette-Singles)
in the Metro-Detroit Area. The Band Has established a solid core fan base,
Consistently making them a good club draw in Detroit and other Mid-West cities.
Experience the BUZZ for yourself. **PICK UP OUR NEW CD “Welcome to Detroit”!
ILLEGAL HAS OPENED FOR THE FOLLOWING NATIONAL ACTS:
Jackyl, Widowmaker, Kix, Nitro, The Romantics, Foghat, World War III, Cheap Trick,
Anthrax, Spread Eagle, Lillian Axe, Motorhead, Slaughter, Nazareth, Dangerous Toys,
Suffocation, Tuff, Crowbar, Bullet Boys, Joey Belladonna, Peter Criss(KISS), Non-Fiction, Gilby Clarke, Freaks in the Room, Dokken, Lynch Mob, Pretty Boy Floyd, Bill Ward (Black Sabbath), Blitzspeer, Motor-Psycho, D'Priest, Scatterbrain, Drivin N' Cryin, Killer Dwarfs, Seduce, Greg Howe II, Missing Persons, Quiet Riot, Rainbow, Steven Adler(Guns & Roses), Warrant, Sebastian Bach, Little Richard, Vince Neil (Motley Crue), Dennis DeYoung (STYX), John Waite (Babys), Black n Blue, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Firehouse, Ace Frehley, Alice Cooper.